Lenoir City

In 1795, General William Lenoir was awarded hundreds of acres for his service in the Revolutionary War. This area would eventually to be known as Lenoir City. It was a battle to get the land for 15 years but the judge ruled in favor of Lenoir. The Lenoirs started to build on the city adding a general store and a cotton mill.